25 Fun Mindfulness Activities for Children and Teens
Part of what we are doing with A Change for Better is to help link you with high quality, accurate, up to date information. Today’s latest resource “25 Fun Mindfulness Activities for Children and Teens” comes from Positive Psychology.
Mindfulness can boost the quality of our lives in numerous ways.
In today’s rush, we all think too much—seek too much—want too much—and forget about the joy of just being. –Eckhart Tolle
What does mindfulness do to spark “the joy of just being” that Tolle references? And, how can we teach kids to start benefiting from its practice?
This article delves into both of these questions and includes plenty of activities for you to start using today.
Research confirms that for children, mindfulness can:
- Mitigate the effects of bullying (Zhou, Liu, Niu, Sun, & Fan, 2016);
- Enhance focus in children with ADHD (Zhang et al., 2016);
- Reduce attention problems (Crescentini, Capurso, Furlan, & Fabbro, 2016);
- Improve mental health and wellbeing;
- Improve social skills when well taught and practiced with children and adolescents.
Like what you read? Share with a friend!
If you enjoyed this Positive Psychology article, be sure to check out some of these other great favourites: