100 + Ways to Motivate Yourself
Part of what we are doing with A Change for Better is to help link you with high quality, accurate, up to date information. Today’s latest resource “Self-Motivation Explained + 100 Ways To Motivate Yourself” comes from Positive Psychology.
“The best kind of motivation is self-motivation.
To demonstrate this point, let’s consider two scenarios you’ve likely experienced:
You have something you have to do. You’re not excited or passionate about it, but you know you need to get it done. This feeling of obligation motivates you to work hard to complete the task;
You have something you get to do. You’re interested in your task—you might have even assigned this task for yourself rather than receiving it from someone else—and you are happy to put in the time and effort to complete it.
In which scenario are you more effective? In which scenario are you more efficient? And, in which scenario do you feel the most fulfilled?”
Like what you read? Share with a friend!
If you enjoyed this Positive Psychology article, be sure to check out some of these other great favourites:
Recent Posts from ACFB:
- Ways to be Mindful Outside of Meditation November 25, 2021
- 4 Motivational Quotes to Help You During Isolation November 22, 2021
- Men’s Mental Health – November November 19, 2021
- The Importance of Mindfulness: 20+ Reasons to Practice Mindfulness November 16, 2021
- Budgeting Your Finances: Knowing What You Can Afford November 13, 2021
- Mental Health Discussion Podcast November 10, 2021
- It’s never the wrong time to ask for help: Getting therapy during a pandemic November 8, 2021